Investing in granite countertops and flooring is a long term investment, one that will last a lifetime. Keeping your granite looking just like the day you purchased it, requires an understanding of how to care for your granite. Following are some important “do’s” and “don’t's” that will be important to keep it looking pristine.
Do’s and Don’ts With Granite
- Do clean a spill immediately,
- Don’t rub it, rather just blot it.
- Do use a cleaning agent designed for granite and marble.
- Don’t use generic harsh cleaning products.
- Do clean your granite and marble surfaces regularly.
- Don’t use any harsh disinfectant, such as Lysol.
- Do clean your stone shower regularly with proper cleaning agent.
- Don’t use any cleansers, either powder or creamy form.
- Don’t leave water spots after showering.
- Do use a squeegee blade to remove water after showering.